If it's February, it’s time for pool and spa professionals in Florida and throughout North America to make final plans for the annual trip to Orlando and the Everything Under the Sun Expo. For almost 50 years, the show has provided a perfect opportunity for industry certification and education, and a chance to relax with colleagues under dependably blue skies.
The show has been known by many names — some official, some colloquial — since its inception in 1972, but regardless of the appellation, it’s known mostly as an excellent place to update understanding of the people and products of the backyard industry. The Expo provides a profile of visitors each year: attendees are overwhelmingly residential pool companies, primarily engaged in service/maintenance (65%), construction (40%) and retail (20%). Over 40% are owners or company presidents.
Many are seeking to take their game to the next level through education provided through the Florida Swimming Pool Association (FSPA), which reviews all courses and instructor qualifications for relevance and quality. Over the years, the show has been seen as a great place for Florida pool pros to obtain the continuing education hours necessary to keep licenses in good standing, education which is provided free for FSPA members and member company employees.
The Welcome & Awards Reception kicks off the show. Here, on Thursday night at 6:30, attendees will gather to open the Expo and individual pool pros will be recognized for their outstanding service and accomplishments. After a day of learning and networking at the Orange County Convention Center, $35 buys attendees dinner, drinks and entertainment at the Friday Night Private Party. Exhibitions close on Saturday afternoon at 3:30.
Whether you are looking for education, exploration or confabulation, you’ll find it at The Everything Under the Sun Expo.
Wednesday, February 12
- Category V LP Gas Installer Exam Prep | Room: W231B
- FSPA Florida Public Pool Specialist -Day One of Two | Room: W231A
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- GENESIS CONSTRUCTION 281: MAJOR RENOVATIONS - Two Days - Day One of Two | Room: W240C
Thursday, February 13
8:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
- LP Gas - Florida Laws, Rules, and Regulations | Room: W231B
- FSPA Florida Public Pool Specialist - Day Two of Two | Room: W231A
- Providing Great Customer Service in the Trenches | Room: W230C
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- GENESIS CONSTRUCTION 281: MAJOR RENOVATIONS - Two Days - Day Two of Two | Room: W240C
9:00 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
- Technology, Efficiency & Profits - How to Improve All Three! | Room: W230AB
10:00 a.m. - 10:50 a.m.
- Chapter 489 - Prohibitions and Penalties | Room: W230AB
10:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
- Generadores de cloro salino de hoy: instalación y gestión | Room: W232A
11:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
- The Value of Written Agreements with Subcontractors | Room: W230AB
1:00 p.m. - 1:50 p.m.
- FBC Advanced Module: 2017 Residential Swimming Pools | Room: W230AB
3:00 p.m. - 3:50 p.m.
- Workplace Safety - What Every Employee Should Know | Room: W230AB
4:00 p.m. - 4:50 p.m.
- Florida Workers’ Compensation Laws and Requirements | Room: W230AB
Friday, February 14
- FBC Advanced Module: 2017 Swimming Pool Updates | Room: W230B
- Lockout/Tagout of Hazardous Energy | Room: W230D
- Prevention and Removal of Stains and Discoloration | Room: W231C
- Solar Heating Design, Application & Installation | Room: W330BC
- Complying with Florida’s Construction Lien Law | Room: W240A
- GENESIS SERVICE 161: Transitioning from Service to Construction | Room: W240CD
- Pool and Spa Filtration Options and Circulation Requirements | Room: W240B
- Proper Swimming Pool Inspection with Leak Detection | Room: W230A
- Testing Methods, Interferences and Techniques | Room: W231B
- Una mirada en profundidad a la piscina / calefacción | Room: W231A
- Writing Your Business Plan | Room: W230C
- 6-Steps to Safer Digging | Room: W230B
- Algae: Why We Get It and How We Get Rid of It | Room: W231C
- Basic Troubleshooting for Gas Heaters | Room: W230D
9:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
- Salt Chlorine Generators with Detailed Troubleshooting | Room: W330BC
- Building a Flexible Pool for the Future | Room: W240B
- Modern Consumer Behavior and Marketing that Works | Room: W230A
- Strategies for Reducing of Workers’ Compensation Cost | Room: W240A
- Company Culture - The Glue that Binds Your Company Together | Room: W230C
- Electricity for the Pool and Spa Professional | Room: W230B
- GENESIS CONSTRUCTION 171: Project Profiles - An Interactive Discussion on Design and Construction | Room: W240CD
- Hidraulica para el Profesional de Profesional de Piscina y Spa | Room: W231A
- Intermediate Pool Water Chemistry & Troubleshooting | Room: W231B
- Pool Operation and Energy Conservation/DOE July 2021 Requirements | Room: W230D
- The Four Pillars of Proactive Pool Care | Room: W231C
- 20/20 in 2020: Get Your Business Ready for Growth | Room: W230A
- Employee Retention Strategies | Room: W240A
- Water Proofing Basics for the Swimming Pool Industry | Room: W240B
- Omni-Swim Hybrid Pool Heater: Combining the Benefits of Solar & Heat Pumps | Room: Learning Lab 3
- Site Supported Robotic Vacuums | Room: Learning Lab 2
- Understanding the Basics of Photovoltaic/Thermal (PV/T) Systems | Room: Learning Lab 1
- 21 Century Water Quality Testing | Room: Learning Lab 2
- IntelliCenter by Pentair | Room: Learning Lab 1
- pHin: Increase Sales & Service through Chemical Monitoring | Room: Learning Lab 3
- IntelliChlor by Pentair | Room: Learning Lab 1
- Upgrading Existing Pumps to Variable Speed with Century the VGreen Retrofit Motor | Room: Learning Lab 2
Saturday, February 15
- Chapter 489 - An Overview of Contractors Responsibilities | Room: W240A
- GPS/Telematics Best Practices for Driver and Fleet Management | Room: W240B
- Instalación adecuada de la bomba de calor y prácticas de plomería | Room: W231A
- Swimming Pool Excavation Safety | Room: W230A
- Variable Speed Heat Pump Technology | Room: W230B
8:30 a.m. - 9:50 a.m.
- GENESIS BUSINESS 208: Ways to Crush The Competition | Room: W240CD
- FBC Advanced Module: ANSI-15 and ANSI-7 Flow Requirements and TDH | Room: W230D
- Going Green - Emerging Green Technologies for 2020 | Room: W231B
- Monthly Money Matters – The Monthly Financial Review | Room: W230C
- Water Balance 101 - The LSI is Your Friend | Room: W231C
- 64E-9 Health Code for Public Pools, Closures, Violations & Remedies | Room: W240A
- Circulation & Hydraulics with Reduced Speed Technology | Room: W230A
- An In-depth Look at Swimming Pool Heating | Room: W230B
- Hydraulics for the Pool and Spa Professional | Room: W240B
- Operación de piscinas y conservación de energía / Requisitos del DOE de julio de 2021 | Room: W231A
10:00 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.
- GENESIS ENGINEERING 182: Mechanical System Design – Component Compatibility | Room: W240CD
- Fundamentals of Florida Construction Contracts | Room: W230D
- Installation and Understanding Heat Pumps | Room: W230A
- Key Performance Indicators for your Demand Service Department | Room: W230C
- Pool Water Chemistry Basics | Room: W231C
- Pool Water Problems that Seem to Defy Conventional Wisdom | Room: W231B
- Swimming Pool Electrical Safety | Room: W240A
- BioShield by Pentair | Room: Learning Lab 1
- DOE Pump Requirements - The Impact on Hayward and You! | Room: Learning Lab 3
12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Exploring the Raypak Digital Gas Burning Pool Heater | Room: Learning Lab 2