S*** You Should Know

Q:     I own and operate a swimming pool company and I want to acquire another existing company and operate it as a subsidiary of my current company. What do I need to do to make sure the company I am acquiring isn't performing unlicensed contracting?

A:  Each company will need to have a qualifying agent if they are going to be operated in a subsidiary structure. If the company that you acquire currently has a qualifier owner or employee who is going to continue to work with the company, then your new company is set to continue performing contracting services. However, if the company being acquired does not currently have an active qualifying agent, then you will need to either apply with CILB to qualify your new company with your license or you will need to find a CPC or RPC qualifying agent for your subsidiary.

If you have any questions please contact FSPA Government Affairs Manager Dallas Thiesen at 941-952-9293 or at Dallas@FloridaPoolPro.com.