Coordinator: Debi Garner
We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! While 2020 held many challenges, we hope everyone looked at the positives and focused on staying healthy!
As reported last month, it was decided there would be no elections this year as the current Board will remain in place for 2021. President John Garner, Vice President Cole Hairston, Treasurer Brian Curts, and Secretary Candi Moorman. The Directors At-Large are: Greg Bowers, Bill Hodgkins, Jamie Ressler, Jeff Clarkson, Brad Corriera, Regie Thompson, and Chris Doyle.
The calendar for 2021 has been set – of course this is subject to change based on what is going on in the world! Kick off 2021 with breakfast January 13 at Vak Pak on Hogan Rd. Come and meet some of your Board members and have breakfast on us. Thanks to Regie Thompson and Barry Robinson at Vak Pak Builders Supply for hosting!
Here is a calendar for the rest of 2021:
- January 22 – Going back to the Jacksonville Clay Target shooting for some skeet shooting! Please watch your emails for the sign up!
- February – Hope to see everyone at the annual Everything Under the Sun show in Orlando! Registration is now open so sign up for those CE classes early!
- March 10 – Chapter meeting with some meet and greets.
- April 16 – Golf!
- May 12 – CE credit class with Fluidra
- June – Deep Sea Fishing! We plan on buying out the boat – we will take a maximum of 35 people. You will only have to bring what you want to eat and drink, everything else is covered!
- July – Employee/employer training.
- August - CE class
- September 10 – skeet shoot
- October – Oktoberfest at Speck Pumps
- November – Table Top
- December – No meeting
In the upcoming legislative session pool builders will be fighting to get the Jim Walter exemption, the proposal has been well received by levitative leadership and FSPA is optimistic about the bill's chances of success. The flood plan guidance from FEMA has been adopted and going into the new building code, effective January 1, 2021. Congratulations to John Garner and Dallas Theisen for getting this accomplished! Many, many hours were spent and we are very appreciative!
As always, this is your Chapter – make the most of it by attending meetings and participating in the events. Speak up – if there are things you want to see us doing, let us know! We are always looking for new ideas and we would really like to see some new people interested in serving on the Board of Directors.